Friday, June 6, 2008

Swimming

Update: We took a drive to see the San Jose pool today and decided we would go ahead and rent it. It is around Broadway and Gibson (2015 Galena), just north of the school. It is a basic pool (no diving boards or fun water slides) but there is a wading pool for the kids. We have the pool from 4-6pm on the 4th of July.

THOSE TRAVELING: DON'T FORGET TO PACK YOUR TOWELS! (duh!)


Note the following:

*inflatable pool toys are ok
*only REAL swimwear is allowed (I witnessed them checking to see if a little boy was wearing real swim trunks as opposed to shorts) I think I even heard something about no underwear under the swim trunks?
*food may be taken in (kept at the picnic tables at the side of the pool (not allowed in the dressing rooms)
*no glass is allowed in the pool area
*when we arrive at 4:00 the pool will be empty and ready for us, but there could still be people in the dressing rooms. We will enter through a gate to the side of the main entrance, which will be closed.

Directions: Take Broadway north, go straight through the light at Gibson, make a left onto Anderson (a block or two north of Gibson), then make a right onto Galena (second street over). The parking lot is on the left, surrounded by a chain-link fence. If you take the freeway, take the Gibson exit, make a right onto Broadway and be ready to make the left turn onto Anderson.

3 comments:

Kevin M. said...

"Welcome to our ool. Notice there is no "P" in it. Please keep it that way."


I need to go do something else...

Chris said...

Thanks for all the updates!!!

Natalie said...

How fun! I'll be sure to bring a bunch of those swim diapers! (for the little kids, that is...)