Friday, June 6, 2008

Meals

Breakfast and lunch will be on our own as it has been the past couple of reunions. I'm sure we'll keep Burritos Al Instante and Southwest Grill busy. There is a Subway across from McDonald's now, too (actually, down the road a little). Be considerate where you're staying and bring cereal, lunch stuff, etc.

I wanted dinners to be less stressful and to have less actual cooking time having to take place during the reunion. It has made more work now for Susan and myself, but it will save time when family time counts. Thanks so much Susan! Note: we could have 70+ people, including the babies.

Thursday (Pavillion) Enchilada casseroles (green/chicken, and red/pork ). These are now made and frozen by Lorrie and Susan. We used close to 200 tortillas! We will cook a pot of beans and maybe make Spanish rice.

*mom volunteers for the pot of beans.
*Monica volunteered for Spanish rice, with help from Melissa and Lori.
*Melissa volunteered for a green salad/dressing
*Kevin Mursets will bring one bucket IC and half the bananas (caramel topping, some nuts)
*Brimhalls will bring one bucket IC and half the bananas (maybe toppings?)
*Nathan Petersons will bring one bucket IC and some chocolate syrup.
*The Searles will bring a green salad.

STILL NEED:


**whipped topping, some more syrups

Friday (the 4th) (Peterson's)- Texas Chatwins' brisket. Joni has said their families will take care of all salads, dessert, etc. that night. We decided to switch days since dutch oven cooking needs people attention and we will be at the pool in the late afternoon.


Saturday (Pavillion) Dutch oven dinner and cobbler. Respond if you have a Dutch oven you can bring. Joni says she can bring 3. Petersons and Reschkes have one each. Thaynes say they have one they can try to fit in.

*Jason Petersons will bring 50+ rolls.
*Brent Petersons will bring another 50+ rolls.
*Melissa will bring a green salad/dressing
*Thaynes will bring one bucket and a carton of ice cream to go with the cobblers. (They will also help prepare the dinner.)
*The Searles will bring a large salad.



9 comments:

joni said...

The Texas Chatwins have 3 Dutch Ovens, let us know if we need to bring them - we should have plenty of room.

Saturday Night - My gals & guys will help with this meal - so don't worry about Saturday we've got it covered. However, could I make one request? Is there a way we could have the banana splits on another night? If we can - then we'll provide dessert that night as well. If everyone thinks it best to have them on Saturday, then if we could have some help with that - it would be great!

The Mursets said...

Banana splits will be great on any night! Mmmmm.

Natalie said...

WOW! 200 tortillas!?! We'll bring a bucket of ice cream...how many bananas are you planning on getting? Maybe we could get half of them if someone else wanted to get the other half?

The Yoder's Five said...

I will make a green salad for Thursday and also for Saturday. I'll bring dressing.

Thanks for all your hard work!

The Mursets said...

Melissa will also be helping me make the rice for Thursday. Thanks Melissa!

Project Maniac said...

I will bring another 6 doz rolls for Saturday bringing the total people can have to 2! I will take Natalie up on her offer to go in on the bananas. I'll buy the other half of them for Thursday. I will also bring a bucket of ice cream and some toppings. Carmel syrup and a bag or two or nuts.
Monica, if you need more help with the rice I can do that too.
Um, I have access to some dutch ovens, but I'd rather not bring them unless absolutely necessary because we are coming from Hurricane, and they are my dad's. He's a maniac dutch oven cooker and likes his ovens a lot. He will let me borrow them I'm sure, but I'm not big on the idea for packing them. If there is absolutely no other dutch ovens available let me know. I'm not sure how many he has, quite a few.

Natalie said...

so, how many bananas should we get then? And how many things of toppings? And what kind of ice cream??? mmmm. this is making me hungry...

The Mursets said...

I bought enough rice stuff to feed all 70 of us, so we Murset ladies will take care of that (Grandma won't need to make any).

Natalie said...

Okay, mom said it's a half a banana per person, so we'll bring like 20 bananas, ice cream and toppings. Okey-dokey!