Susan got an idea from their reunion for a twist on the way we normally do the silent auction. She said it was more like a raffle for items. Everyone bought tickets for a certain price ($1.00?) and each item in the auction had a cup by it. There would be a big people section and a kid-only section (those tickets would be cheaper, of course). If you wanted a chance for that item, you put your ticket(s) (with your name on it) in that cup. At the end of the evening, one ticket was drawn from each cup and the person drawn got that particular item. I hope I got that correct. I guess that would get rid of out-bidding, etc. She said there were some items like licorice buckets, bubbles, etc. Feel free to give your opinion on this! Remember, all proceeds go to the family fund!
So far, the plan is to set up the auction inside the church Thurs night. I reserved the inside and the pavillion on that night only.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmm...it sounds a little complicated, and we probably won't make as much money. But whatever.
It think that sounds like fun.
I agree with Melissa. I think we can put more money into the Family Fund doing it the other way. Maybe there could be a few items, done the raffle way, for the kids.
I've seen this done quite effectively at the "Go Red For Women" luncheon each year in Denton. The KEY to success is to have WONDERFUL hawkers of tickets. If a few someones go around hawking tickets you actually get people to spend money on tickets that truly don't care to "bid" on anything. We all usually have an idea as to how much we're willing to pay for auction items. The idea is to just pay that amount for $1.00 tickets. Then it is up to each person to put their tickets into individual bags in front of each auction item. Say I really want that beautiful necklace that Carolyn made I can choose to put ALL my tickets in that bag. It is actually fun and less worrysome as you can get rid of all your tickets , then go have some fun. You don't have to worry about going back to see if you've been out bid.
--at least thats what I've witnessed in the past. Want lots of money - just get TERRIFIC TICKET HAWKERS :-) Aunt Joni
Post a Comment