Friday, June 13, 2008

The Pavilion

Mom, Ethan and I went to see the pavilion area at the Los Lunas chapel yesterday. It looks wonderful. As I had said before, there is a basketball area (on concrete), two separate pairs of poles for horseshoes, two volleyball nets (over dirt), a nice concrete area with a fire pit in the middle, and a large grassy area for games, relays, etc. If we play water balloon volleyball we'll have to set up a net over the grass. There are plenty of tables, covered of course by the pavilion.

Brett says we should have a basketball tournament with the different families. The gauntlet is thrown!

*We bought a multi-pack of bug spray for use at Peterson's and the pavillion.
*Lori offered to do some games with the kids. I'm sure she would love some help. We have some prizes we can give out.

1 comment:

Project Maniac said...

Good Ideas... I don't know, but I do have a whole book of games for Cub Scouts that would work. I can look through and find some things that would work. I guess I'll volunteer to take charge of the relays and games for kids. If you want me to do adults to I can.
We could have a HORSE tournament for the adults and then kids, or I think the game is black out. That would be fun. Or we could do a basketball tournament with families. Each family plays the others. Or you could do girls against boys the whole family or individual families. There are some ideas.
Email me the day, how long you want the games to go for, and any other information. Thanks, it should be fun. Also approximate ages of the kids playing. Toddlers, 7-11, teenagers, etc.
Oh, I have a question. Do we need to bring a volleyball and basketball if we want to go play at odd times? You said you had the pavilion reserved for the whole reunion from 4 to whenever right?