Friday, June 13, 2008

New Name for the "Skunk Room"

I think we need to make new plans for the OK Chatwins. Hopefully that house will work out. The skunk room will hereafter be known as the Flea Bag Hotel. To make a long story short, we have discovered the garage and hobby room area is infested with fleas. They are even jumping around the concrete area outside in front of the hobby room. We have called to have the place sprayed. I am so creeped out at finding thirty fleas in my clothes after working in the garage the night we arrived and not having any idea they were there! I drowned them in the sink, threw my clothes in the wash, searched the floor for any survivors, shook out the rugs, vacuumed them and the carpet.... Each time Ethan and I have come in from outside we've checked to make sure we aren't bringing any strays in. Creepy!

Update: The room was sprayed Saturday and I only saw one live one on the counter in the room today, Tuesday. I was wearing my white shoes so I could notice if any got on me. I DID NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH THE ROOM, but mom carried out the vacuum today while I was cleaning the bathroom area. I vacuumed the mattresses, every square inch of the floor, including the baseboards with the hose. (Mom and I went through tapes, etc. in there and straightened things up.) The bedding has been taken inside one batch at a time to be washed. We will keep an eye on things in there for evidence of any more live ones. The Flea Bag Hotel could be open for business! Rates are cheap! Reservations may be made in the comment section.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ha ha ha. Bless your heart! :)